Iglesia de San Juan

The current church of San Juan was built between 1928 and 1931, replacing a previous temple from the 18th century, in the Baroque style that, in turn, had replaced a Romanesque temple (whose original façade is preserved on a farm in Gijón/Xixón).

It is a building with a Latin cross plan, with three naves, a transept and a flat head. It has two towers at the foot of the naves, flanking the main facade.

The temple is historicist, of baroque inspiration.


Scroll to Top