Puente viejo

The Camino de Santiago ran through this bridge until a flood that occurred in 1676 changed the course of the Nalón River, which stopped running under the arches of this construction already mentioned in 1145.

The configuration of the bridge makes it date back to the 14th century, due to the pointing of its arches. At this point a gate or toll was charged, controlled by the great ecclesiastical and monastic institutions of Oviedo.

It has been an Asset of Cultural Interest since 1991.

Compartir

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on email
Scroll to Top