Stage 13: Outur-A Caridá

The Coastal Way

A Caridá

Villa and parish of the council of El Franco, capital. The town is located 63 meters above sea level, with about 750 inhabitants. It is said that the name of the town comes from the charity that this town exercised over the pilgrims to Santiago. Previously it was known as Mohices. In 1852 it became

The Coastal Way

Iglesia de San Miguel

Of the primitive church of San Miguel, from the 18th century, only the open portico that was located at the foot of the nave remains today, and which presents in its central section a bell tower with a prism-shaped finish on a small dome . To this space, dating back to 1738, a new structure

The Coastal Way

Casa Josefina

Square building with two floors and a low roof with an attic facing the main façade, which faces north. This façade is developed between firebreaks, with a portico on the ground floor and a corridor on the upper floor, with turned wooden balusters. The openings are lintelled, with windows with wooden partitions.

The Coastal Way

Arboces

Place of the parish of A CAridá at 75 meters and 135 inhabitants.

The Coastal Way

Castello

Village of the parish of Miudes. Altitude of 70 meters and about 60 inhabitants, scattered around the road.

The Coastal Way

Lavadero de Xonte

Laundry located next to the Xonte river, built in irregular slate masonry, with a wooden truss roof arranged in four slopes, supported by four pillars on each major side of the structure. Rectangular floor plan, with access for water and people on one of the smaller sides. On the façade there is the inscription “Laundry

The Coastal Way

Casa Castro con capilla de la Purísima Concepción

Construction promoted in 1908 by Benigo Castro, a local benefactor to whom other facilities in the area are also owed, such as the parish church or the cemetery chapel. The house is a rectangular building, with an elongated body with two heights and under cover and another body in the shape of a tower with

The Coastal Way

Cartavio

Place and parish of Coaña. The place is located in the center of the parish, on the rasa, 100 meters above sea level. Dispersion of his hamlet. It has about 250 inhabitants.

The Coastal Way

El Esteler

Village of the parish of Cartavio at an altitude of 72 meters and 40 meters, around the N-634 and -Cñ 1.

The Coastal Way

Escuelas

Building built in 1932, with a rectangular floor plan and a single floor, with wings developed from a central body highlighted in height and plan. These wings correspond to the classrooms for girls and boys and have independent access. At the rear, the extension of the deck skirt allows to have covered spaces in the

Scroll to Top