Antigua iglesia de Santiago

Currently in consolidated ruins, the old church of Santiago is already mentioned in documents from the 10th century, from the time of King Fruela II. In the Middle Ages it acquired its final configuration, although it was subject to various reforms and extensions.

It had a Latin floor plan, with a single nave and a straight head.

It was in use until 1922, when it was agreed (thanks to the patronage of the Marquis of Ferrera) the construction of a new temple, in the neo-Gothic style, in a nearby space, adjacent to the N-632 road.

Compartir

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on email
Scroll to Top