Town located on the coastal plain of Ribadesella/Ribeseya, with just 100 inhabitants. It is a town closely linked to the Camino de Santiago, having a pilgrim hospital in the seventeenth century. Mining activity linked to the exploitation of fluorspar attracted a large population in the central decades of the 20th century. Its church, built in 1957, is dedicated to Santa Marina. During the years of the Liberal Triennium (1820-23) Berbes belonged to the neighboring municipality of Caravia.