Hermitage built in 1599 by order of the archpriest of Llanes Pedro Sánchez Llanes, in a place where apparently a previous hermitage already existed. Over time it became a place of great veneration, especially for the carving of the Christ of the Cross that it preserves inside, whose feast is celebrated every July 16 with a popular pilgrimage.
The chapel is a building built with ashlars of stone and masonry, rectangular in shape with a large access portico, behind which the nave of worship is located that gives way, after a semicircular arch, to the square-plan head presided over for the image of the crucified Christ. It has a sacristy attached to the head and a choir in the upper part of the nave. Next to the hermitage is the building of the hermit’s house.