Schools built in 1927 at the initiative of Obdulio Fernández, with a project by the architect Antonio Suardíaz, on the site that had been occupied by the old pilgrim hospital in Villaviciosa.
It is a building with a U-shaped plan, made up of three rectangular bodies with two levels. The main facade is organized based on the alternation of these three bodies, with the two sides flanking, like towers, the central space, topped by a triangular pediment in which the Villaviciosa shield is located flanked by two lions supported on each column. The municipal coat of arms also appears on the lateral bodies.
This building was included in the Inventory of the Cultural Heritage of Asturias in ¿?