Iglesia de San José

Church built in 1954, after the destruction during the civil war of a previous temple that was located in the adjoining Plaza del Humedal. The current building is the result of a project by the architect Enrique Rodríguez Bustelo, in a style that combines historicist elements with Renaissance and Baroque reminiscences, with a clear inspiration in Spanish colonial architecture in America.

The façade is flanked by two side towers, developing between them a monumental three-story portal, as an architectural altarpiece topped by a triangular pediment.

Inside it has three naves, a very prominent transept in plan and height, with a large dome in the central space, finishing the floor with a flat head with a barrel vault roof.

Compartir

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on email
Scroll to Top