The primitive church of La Pola was located in the current Plaza de Argüelles, having been founded in 1270, at the same time that the Puebla Charter was granted to the town. The church was built in its current location (old Zalamaque street, today Celleruelo) between 1809 and 1833, with a project by the Toledo architect Alfonso Ramírez. This church was destroyed during the 1934 Revolution and at the beginning of the civil war. The temple was rebuilt after the war. It has a basilica floor plan, with three naves covered with a half-barrel vault running the central one and the lateral ones with an edge. The monumental façade has a central body topped with a triangular pediment, flanked by two large towers 35 meters high.