The church of San Salvador de Tol was born as a monastery in the High Middle Ages, although from that founding moment nothing is preserved today, due to the reconstruction of the building in the 16th and 17th centuries. From that moment, the triumphal arch that separates the nave from the head survives, the rest of the construction corresponding to later reforms of the 19th and 20th centuries.
SEE HOW THE PLANT IS
There are documentary references to this church already in the years 926 and 991. In 1011 its original invocation changed, becoming the current one of San Sebastián, later depending on the monastery of Corias and the cathedral of Oviedo.