Church already documented in the 12th century that seems to have been built on ancient remains of buildings from Roman times. The primitive temple was extensively renovated from the 16th to the 19th century, the current building being the result of an intervention undertaken at the end of the 19th century.
It is a building with a Latin cross plan, with a high bell tower at the foot of the only nave that articulates the interior space of the church, covered with a barrel vault. The building has a sacristy attached to the head, with a transept and an exterior portico, on the south flank.
Inside there is a carving of Saint John the Baptist, already mentioned in documents from 1631 and wall paintings by local artist Tomás García Sampedro