Navia

Town and capital of the council of the same name. It is located on the right bank of the homonymous estuary, at an average altitude of about 15 meters. The oldest references to this town date back to the XIII, stating its safe existence since 1284, when Alfonso X granted a jurisdiction to Puebla de Navia, favoring the development of the fishing and commercial sector. During the Modern Age, the traffic of goods by sea intensifies, erecting its walled belt. In the XIX and XX Navia acquired greater notoriety. The population grows and the town is transformed, demolishing the town and redesigning the road layout, building the town hall and the bridge over the estuary, which is channeled, drying out the marshes. Since the middle of the 20th century, important industries have settled in the town.

Compartir

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on email
Scroll to Top