Palacio de Llano Ponte

An old urban palace, built in the Baroque period with a project by the architect Francisco Menéndez de Camina, for an enriched Indian in Peru, Rodrigo García Pumarino. In 1774 it passed to the Llano Ponte family, being completely renovated in the middle of the century to become a movie theater, reconverted in 1997 into multiplex cinemas.

The design of the palace clearly recalls that of the neighboring town hall, its façade being configured based on a portico on the lower level, based on five semicircular arches that on the main floor correspond to two flush balconies, separated by pilasters. The Ponte y Argüelles and Los Alas coats of arms appear on the façade.

Compartir

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on email
Scroll to Top