Palacio de Mendoza Cortina o de Santa Engracia

Large building in a historicist style, which acquired its final configuration at the end of the 19th century (after a primitive traditional construction had been renovated at that time), currently in a deplorable state of conservation. It was owned by the Counts of Mendoza Cortina (a family of Indians who were enriched in Mexico in the mid-19th century thanks to their agricultural and commercial operations) and during the civil war it was used as a hospital. It is a T-shaped building, with towers at the ends and a prominent central gallery spread over several floors. The palace is preceded by extensive gardens and at the back had a chapel inaugurated in 1886, all within a property surrounded by a stone wall and railings.

Compartir

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on email
Scroll to Top