Construction of a large urban palace started in 1677 at the direction of Juan Antonio de Navia y Arango, the first Marquis of Ferrera.
It is located in front of the town hall, at the beginning of Calle San Francisco. The main façade is configured as a three-story body that at the angle becomes a tower with an additional floor. The main cover is somewhat offset from the center of the composition.
The façade is built in perfectly squared ashlars, the floors being divided by lines of imposts, each level succeeding, in a rhythmic way, the balconies preceded by turned bar parapets.
Around the palace, at its rear, was the great park of the Marquis, currently owned by the municipal government and open to the public.