It is one of the two Asturian bullrings declared an Asset of Cultural Interest, along with the one in Oviedo. It was built in 1888, with a project by Ignacio de Velasco, in the Arabizing historicist style. It has a polygonal plan and three levels, which on the outside are defined by the alternation of the use of exposed brick and plastered masonry. The body of the entrance stands out in plan for being ahead with respect to the delimiting polygon of the arena, having a large access arch, which occupies two levels of the building and is configured as a large horseshoe arch. This main facade is crowned with a stepped pediment in the center of which is a bull’s head.