Casa de la Obispalía

Rectangular building with two heights that stands out for a main façade, towards the Camino de Santiago, in which the ashlar elements alternate with the masonry plastered with lime mortar painted in white. In that façade there are various openings (windows, the door and a cantilevered balcony) surrounded by ashlars that make up developed parapets in the case of the windows. On the balcony there is an inscription that dates the construction in 1734, promoted by Basilio Alfonso de Morana López. A small shield, also on the upper floor of the façade, includes a cross of Santiago.
At the beginning of the 19th century, this building performed the functions of the town hall of the ephemeral municipality of Peñaflor, finally integrated into the council of Grau/Grado.

Compartir

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on email
Scroll to Top