Casa de la Rúa

It is the oldest preserved civil construction in Oviedo, one of the few buildings that survived the fire that ravaged the city of Ovido in 1521. The origin of the building is in a 14th century tower, whose façade still faces the Cathedral Square. To this original nucleus a palatial construction was added in the 18th century towards Rúa street, with three floors, the work of the architect Manuel de Reguera, and with the appearance of a baroque urban palace. In 1928 the complex underwent a major reform, which completely modified the interior of the building which, at the rear, has a small garden.


Scroll to Top