Building promoted by Fernando Valdés Salas, built between 1540-50 with a project possibly by Rodrigo Gil de Hontañón, in late Gothic style. It underwent various extensions and reforms over time, in styles such as the classicist purist from the late 16th or early 17th century (Malleza chapel and bell tower located at the foot of the nave) and the purist from the second quarter of the 17th century (with project by Gonzalo de Güemes Bracamonte) in the north side portico and the chapel of the Dolores.
It is a rectangular-shaped building, with a single nave, a gallery at the foot and a polygonal apse. The exterior has few openings and a robust appearance, highlighting the portal in the form of a pointed arch on which the founder’s shield stands.
Inside, the mausoleum of Archbishop Valdés Salas stands out, made by Pompeyo Leoni’s workshop in 1582, including the tombs of the parents of the founder of the collegiate church.