Parish church already mentioned in 1385. The building that has survived to this day is from the Baroque period, having a Latin cross plan, with a single nave, a transept (actually side chapels) and a straight head. At the foot of the nave and on the south side up to the transept, it has a portico supported by wooden uprights.
In the key of the main door appears the inscription that allows to date the baroque work in the year 1777.
The original building of the Villazón church was built in medieval times, probably in the 12th century, although it would be completely renovated at the end of the 18th century, when the orientation of its head was even reversed. A semicircular loophole window survives from medieval times that is preserved, half hidden, in the southern enclosure of the current nave of the temple, which allows us to suppose that the southern enclosure of the current nave is one of the few architectural remains that are preserved. of the elevations of the medieval factory. As for the documentation, the oldest reference to this church dates from 1167 and corresponds to a donation to the Cornellana monastery. Also from medieval times some elements of movable art are preserved, such as a sculpture of Santiago pilgrim and a Gothic Crucified.
The building was completely rebuilt at the end of the 18th century, between 1777 and 1780, being completed with minor constructions until 1790. The construction of the new temple meant that the orientation of the head of the church was reversed, from then on it became oriented towards the west, opposite the canonical arrangement to the east. It is possible that this modification was motivated by the foundation problems that would affect the eastern side of the hill where the temple is located and that perhaps could have influenced the demolition of the old medieval church.
The new work is resolved by means of a Latin cross plan composed of a rectangular nave and a quadrangular presbytery, plus two chapels open to the north and south of the nave that are also inscribed in two separate square modules.
The nave is covered with a false wooden chambered vault, while the presbytery and the side chapels have groin vaults with factory ribs. The north chapel is dedicated to Saint Anthony, while the south one houses Our Lady of the Rosary.
In the corner defined by the meeting between the presbytery and the south side chapel is located the sacristy that a priori would also have to be framed in the eighteenth-century factory, while at the foot of the temple and on the south side there is a portico or chapter in L-shaped that preserves a magnificent cobbled cobblestone. On the north side of the town hall it is replaced by a closed storage room that is possibly on an old ossuary.
Inside the temple, the existence of a wooden tribune stands out, the baroque altarpieces in the presbytery and in the side chapels and the pavement of numbered slabs for burials from modern times, together with a 1649 tombstone belonging to the Fernández family. Villazón and that she is probably relocated.