Built between 1884 and 1890 (with a project by the architect Lucas María Palacios) on a 12th century Romanesque temple.
With a Latin cross plan, it has three naves, a transept and a straight head.
The main façade develops between two towers topped by flanking spiers. The central body has a Romanesque-inspired door on the lower level, under a semicircular arch supported by columns. On the façade, on the upper level, a clipe with the papal emblem, and a rose window, on top of which there is a cornice resolved in the form of a curved pediment.