Capital village of the parish of the same name, the first town in the council of Tinéu through which the Camino Primitivo runs. With less than 200 inhabitants, it is located at an altitude of 690 meters, in an area of great livestock wealth.
There is documentation that certifies that in 1178 King Ferdinand II ceded some land to the Corias monastery for the foundation in La Pereda of a pilgrim care hospital, which would be in operation before 1195. This center remained under the monastery’s control de Corias until the seventeenth century, when it became dependent on the local residents themselves, until in 1751 it was the Royal Audience of Oviedo that took over the center, which was located in a very simple house, with a kitchen and two rooms for the accommodation of pilgrims. The hospital disappeared at the beginning of the 19th century, although deaths of pilgrims were still recorded in this establishment in 1804.