Palacio de Camposagrado

The origin of the building is in the palace projected by the architect Francisco de la Riva in 1719 for the Bernaldo de Quirós family, corresponding to this moment the base and part of the first floor, the construction process soon paralyzed until 1744, when another architect, Pedro Antonio Menéndez, takes up the project, maintaining the dimensions and the free character of the building but changing its design, finishing its construction in 1758.
It is a large building in the shape of a cubic block, with a large interior patio and two floors separated by an impost line, with the lower floor having a double floor, in the shape of a cellar and a mezzanine. The building has two main facades, in which properly Baroque elements are combined, such as the recessed pilasters, the lattice balconies and the ear moldings, all framing monumental access openings as well as the very pronounced eaves that tops the façade, on the shields of the promoter family. In the nineteenth century the palace was used as a casino and in the twentieth century it became a courthouse, a function that it maintains today.


Scroll to Top